26 March 2011

Good Things...


I'm really loving the work of illustrator and jewelry maker Lousie Evans.  Her paper cuts are beautiful, her book designs crisp, and her jewelry combines geometry, a neutral palate and a mix of textures - lovely, lovely stuff.  You can see more of her work here and here, check out her blog here, and buy her jewelry here.



I'm a bit sad that it took me so very long to discover the goodness that is Prints Charming - gorgeous screen printing, embroidery and all round craftiness.  I think it was Jess's Epheriell Designs blog that finally turned me on to them, and I immediately had to get my hands on their fabulous book.  It is so full of exciting things to make.  The great thing is for each project they provide a non-screen printing option, for those of us who haven't the space or the talent or the spouses who are happy for the house to be taken over with screens and ink.  



I've never owned a DVF dress, in fact, I don't think I've ever even tried one on.  However, I have always vaguely admired the label for it's consistency and classic sense of easy going style. Vaguely admired that is, until I stumbled across the vintage collection which is based on prints from the DVF archives.  I am totally besotted with the patterns, the colours, the styles.  I'm heading to Hong Kong again soon and I'm hoping to track one down (on sale, preferably...).



I follow a lot of blogs (a lot!) and I try and check in on them all when I can, and comment when something strikes me.  But there are a few select blogs that I know I don't want to miss out on, so I subscribe via email, and the latest addition to my inbox has been Geninne's Art blog (found via @Chantal_Vincent).  Not only is her art simply stunning, but her blog is full of wonderful inspiring earthy images.  Go have a look!

And last, but not least, my sister is coming to town!  Hurrah!  Yippee!  Zippedidooda!  There will be shopping and eating and manicures and the odd glass of wine!  And hopefully no repercussions for me posting a photo of us in our matching nightgowns on my blog...

3 comments:

  1. You're such a gorgeous gal Emily & this last photo of the two of you is precious! Your Mum obviously was a style beacon because this is such nice nightware, it would 'cool' for a little girl today - especially in those colours!

    As for Gennine - she is living my alltime most wonderful life and is such a sweet, generous, talented soul I'm so glad you found her.

    x Felicity

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting having your sister come to town - I hope you have lots of fun together!! :)

    Thanks for sharing the work of Lousie Evans - her stuff is all the kinds of things that I like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh Em I do love that photo - you will have to email it to me so I can get it blown up and put on the wall, and Yes Felicity I was obviously a style beacon, though I am not sure that sibling clothing matches are cool now, but they were the most delightful little girls, depsite their mum and and are two most wonderful young women now....

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happier than you could possibly imagine. Really! Thank you.