28 June 2012

Freshwater

Hello! How are you? I do hope you're well and coping with the humidity/wild fires/ridiculous cold/whatever else is happening in your bit of the world. We are back in Seoul (briefly) after a wonderful whirlwind of a trip. 

I've been in Hong Kong for 24 busy and rather sweaty hours (and had a pretty disappointing stay here, next time I'll be staying here instead). Then I had a too brief two days in Melbourne with the family, including my Mum, who is recovering from a knee operation with an impressive rapidity. (I'm fairly sure I've inherited the dodgy knees, so I'm hoping the quick bounce back is genetic too...)

Then we had a pretty awesome weekend in Sydney to celebrate the in-laws 50th wedding anniversary. Hanging out with my husbands rather large family was a bit of a treat as they are normally scattered about the globe (or at least scattered about Sydney) - to have them all together and enjoying each other's company is a rare and wonderful thing indeed. 

Oh! And we met with our architect to discuss the possibilities for the BIG project, which was ridiculously exciting. I found the firm via Google, so to actually meet them and think 'yes! this is perfect!' (and to have my notoriously picky husband agree) was quite a relief! 

And we also enjoyed what was quite possibly the best restaurant meal I've ever had the pleasure of eating, thanks to the generous in-laws and Pilu at Freshwater. The food was spectacular, as was the company, the beach and the sunset - we even saw two whales floating by! A meal to remember indeed.

5 comments:

  1. Ahh! How lucky to see 2 whales at Freshie. I've never had the pleasure of seeing them from there. Tell me you weren't at Pilu on Sunday evening! My IG shot of my kids walking off the beach at sunset and up the path to play at the playground out the front of Pilu was Sunday afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They where the first real life whales we've seen too - hardly close up but still pretty impressive.

      And YES, it was Sunday afternoon! Wow, I can't believe our paths crossed so closely (and now we are on opposite sides of the globe once more... What a stunning part of the world to live in!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a fabulous whirlwind of days! I love how your photos show such a lovely peace and quiet which you enjoyed with your family.

    The big project sounds even more exciting and I bet HK was horrid weather-wise. G keeps complaining to me about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes it was SO hot and SO humid in Hong Kong - when I lived their my body adjusted, but now only flying in for 24 hours I fall apart completely!

      Delete
  3. Love the pic of the three 'boys' captures that Sunday doing nothing much except enjoying each others company and the outdoors beautifully.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happier than you could possibly imagine. Really! Thank you.